Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 27-b025se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows Hello facial recognition not working.  Behaves like it isn't even supposed to.  Have gone round and round with HP Support.  Reloaded realtex IR drivers from website.  went roung with Microsoft support.  Have reloaded W10 from scratch.  have run all the updates from the HP SUpport app.  Camera works for Sykpe etc (but skype doesn't need IR part of the device so that deosn't prove anything). Otherwise machine works fine.

About to send it back.  ANyone have this model and have hello working.

p# V9B08AA#ABA W101607build14393.53

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

From: http://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-windows-hello-facial-recognition-windows-10

... you need an Intel RealSense camera to make this work. The rest of this guide presumes that you have one, and have it up and running. Without the necessary hardware you won't see the options to set up Windows Hello.

Does this help?

HP Recommended

No, but thank you for taking the time to try to help.  

I am trying to find out if anyone actually has this model and it works?

The issue is that this particular machine is advertised as working with Windows Hello facial recognition and has HP's equivalent of the Intel RealSense camera.  The Intel was just the FIRST camera to come out to comply with the specs.  There are now others.  Presumably the one in this machine as you can see here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-all?type=WindowsHello (I have the Intel RealSense camera attached to a Pro3 and it works great.  I also have a Surface Studio and IT works great.  I was trying to find another 27' all-in-one that has a Hello compatible camera built-in, which supposedly this one does??)

hp 27 hello compatible.PNG

HP Recommended

Here is the page from HP's own website

hp hp.PNG

HP Recommended

> Have gone round and round with HP Support. 

Well, you certainly have done your research.

I say "go back to HP", and show them your findings, and "hold their feet to the fire" to live-up to their advertising.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I've tried. THey can't help so I'm sending it back (sigh).  It's too bad because in every other respect it is a very nice machine...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.