Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Neklosowski Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows Host Process (rundll32) running multiple instances and using all CPU power

Hp Envy 750-220
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new computer was running slowly so I looked into task manager to find whats in the image. If I close it, the pc runs correctly but it will start up again within a few minutes to a few hours. Sometimes its only one instance with a cap at usuing 20% of my cpu, which is still rediculous and slows the pc down. Then sometimes theres multiple like shown in the picture. I've read many forms already about this and havent found a fix. I also included the command line from task manager becaus I know a lot of other foums asked for it.Untitled.jpgUntitled2.jpg

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Neklosowski Top Student
Top Student
7 4 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows Host Process (rundll32) running multiple instances and using all CPU power

Its been three days... still no solution...

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 3736 201 433
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Neklosowski,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the rundll32 taking all the processing power. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please look at the following documents.

Computer Might Be Infected by a Virus or Malware (Windows 10, 8)

About Spyware, Adware, and Browser Hijacking Software

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Dean
Dean
11043 11018 574 1620
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your images show:

Command line --> UpdateSoftwareInventory

Description --> Windo...

So, the column with the heading of 'Description' needs to be widened, by you, to show more detail, to help describe your problem.

I don't know if it is a HP or a Microsoft task named 'Update Software Inventory' that is running.

It's probably going to finish running, at some time (minutes? hours?), once it completes its task.

Probably "typical" for a brand-new computer, as part of its "update" process (HP updates, Microsoft Windows updates) after the first time that it is connected to the Internet.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation