The HP Community is here for you.
10-16-2009 02:31 PM
i have an Compaq Presario SR5233WM Desktop PC that Windows Vista Home Ultimate would not load. The computer freezes up on the first Windows screen with the progress bar at the bottom. i will also state that their was not any movement in the progress bar at all when it freezes up.
Thinking that i had a harddrive problem, i did the following
1) tried to boot into recovery. no success
2) i tried to reload windows vista. no sucess. It would load the windows files and then freeze up the same way as stated above.
3) Took hardrive out of computer and put into another desktop i have. i erased both partitions and reformated the harddrive to NTFS file system.
4) I cleared the CMOS
5) i re-installed hardrive into Compaq Presario case and tried to reload Windows Visa. No luck. Kept freezing up as described above
6) I ran memeory tests and memeory is good
any ideas on what i should try next??
Do i have a bad Bios chip or Motherboard??
Thanks for all your help!!