Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ5700Y
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, a while back i bought two new ANARCHY PNY 4 GB RAM sticks. My issue is that whenever i put both of them in and use my computer for awhile, windows will randomly crash and the blue screen of death (BSOD) will pop up. Then the computer continues to restart. the strange thing is, whenever i use only one RAM stick, this never happens! what should i do to fix this?

Please help!

- Jaden W.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi KingJaden

How many gigs of factory RAM were you using before the upgrade? Was the system stable?

Your PC supports two (X) 4 GB modules of  DDR3-1066 RAM for a total of eight GB's of RAM on a 64 bit operating system.

Have you run Windows boot time memory diagnostics or any other memory tests?

It could be the RAM you bought is not compatible or your chipset cannot run 8 GB's of RAM even though HP says it can.

I always use Crucial RAM on HP motherboards.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.