cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jayash
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Windows not going to sleep mode on Pavillion 23 TM Monitor

HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix, Pavillion 23TM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Windows 10, the touch driver for this monitor was not migrated.  A generic driver  for touch was installed instead.  The generic driver does not support screensaver or sleep mode on this monitor.  Is there a new HP driver compatible with Windows 10?

Tried unistalling & installing monitor drivers and touch drivers still it fails to go to sleep mode and display off mode ..  and when i tried to manually turn off monitor screen by giving "power button" action as "turn of the display" in "power options" in windows 10 ..  my monitor screen goes blank for 1-2 seconds and then again wakes up ..  and after removing touch usb of monitor, both screensaver and turn of the display function works fine .. one monitor connected via HDMI and other via DVI-D

Contacted HP Service Centre, they too tried to fix this problem by operating my PC from their side (Over Internet) but still no sollution is availaible with them too.

PC Config:

HP Envy Phoenix 810, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, i7 3.8Ghz, 32GB Ram, 4GB Nvdia, 512GB SSD, 6TB HD

Monitor:

HP Pavillion 23 TM

6 REPLIES 6
Phil_N
Level 4
Level 4
69 49 4 11
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Jayash,

Here is the link to the drivers page. Download the HPSA utility and it should have all of the available driver upgrades for your computer.

I am an HP Employee
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jolly_Rogers
Level 7
Level 7
653 67 57 25
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you please check the Product number on the WIndows 10 upgrade page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/windows10/upgrade.html and check if the product has been tested for Windows 10? If Yes, there will be drivers made available for your desktop on the Driver download page on hp.com.

In case the unit is not tested, then HP will not provide drivers via the driver download page, but Microsoft will push relevant drivers via Windows update.

Can you please run Windows update and check if you receive driver updates for your hardware?

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
Jayash
Author
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had already installed HPSA But it doesnt show any drivers for touch support. Also my Product is tested for windows .. webpage says "HP has tested your PC model and has determined that it can be upgraded to Windows 10, but there is information to review before moving forward."

And PC is updated regularly, all windows updates are installed.

hydroxylicacid
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have the HP 23tm monitor. Upgraded to windows 10 and had the same issues with the screen saver and sleep mode not working correctly.  When I disabled the touchscreen by removing the usb cable, windows worked as it should.

My Setup:

Dell XPS 8500, I5 3350p, GTX 750TI, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, 2TB HDD

Called HP and really felt like someone had just pulled out my appendix without anesthesia.  I told them it was definitely a driver issue.  They confirmed this and told me to contact Dell to help me get back to windows 8.1.  They repeated multiple times Dell was responsible for their drivers.   I was speechless and had been tortured long enough.  This was worse than waterboarding.

Things I have tried:

1) Updating all drivers

2) Replaced original graphics cards with updated drivers on windows 10

3) multiple attempts with powercfg -requestsoverride  commands

Nothing has worked so far and I am back on 8.1 for now.  Maybe if enough people post what they have done through trial and error a solution can be found.  

Jayash
Author
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have an another link for the same problem that other peoples are facing ...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio-Video-Monitors/HP-Pavilion-23tm-23-inch-Diagonal-Touch-Mo...

Jayash
Author
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Got the Temporary Sollution for the problem:

Go to :

1. Device Manager

2. Open Human Interface Devices

3. Right Click on HID-Compliant whiteboard

4. Disable it. (if you have 2 or more touchscreen monitors, disable all HID-Compliant whiteboard)

5. Restart your PC

#ShameHP

#ShameMicrosoft

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation