Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,321 41,568 4,542 11,932
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Follow the instructions on this Microsoft web document to activate your Windows 7 operating system.

If you find the instructions given by Microsoft not easy enough for you to follow. then use this tutorial at Sevenforums.com

There is no need to call HP out of warranty since it is not free. You can take care of this issue yourself.

Activation by the automated telephone activation sytem still works!!

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

The help you offered is something I've been doing a hundred times now. When trying to activate online, I click on Activate Windows now. It gives me the option to either:

---Buy a new Product Key for $109

---Type in a different product key.......I paste in the correct, initial, legitimate key that was supplied by HP.

---Contact HP for Help

When I paste in the correct product key it goes through the process of trying to activate for about 30 seconds, then tells me it cannot.....I get an error  0xC004E003

I do NOT get an option "Show me other ways to activate".....HP has inserted it's own message instead, telling me to contact them. I will not pay $60/call for this issue, and should not be asked to.

I found online a thread telling me to delete Windows Update KB971033  but that sounds like a way to keep Microsoft from finding out you have an illegitimate copy. Mine is LEGITIMATE!!!   How do I get Microsoft to figure this out?

Sorry if I sound a little PO'd, you folks are really trying to help me, I know that. I'm just getting frustrated is all.

{Personal Information Removed}   THIS is my legitimate license keythat came already installed on my HP. Can you maybe give me a new, legitimate product key?  HELP!!!

Dana

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,676 9,585 776 3,589
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

From my understanding, the key you provided appears invalid to Windows/Microsoft systems.

In that, as this needs help from HP regarding the key itself, I would strongly suggest you call HP and explain the situation and see what the agents can offer you. This way you can keep a track of the issue.

Although this is HP official forum, you do not speak directly to HP here and people volunteer their time here in the forum.

Generally speaking, as far as I know the call itself should be free and after you explain your case and situation, the agents will provide you with options.

Please, keep me posted.

Your feedback and update are important.
Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks

I work for HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only and do not speak for HP *** My location: Europe *** Volunteer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
9,487 9,432 1,670 4,701
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

JeepsRule,

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the side, back, or bottom of the computer. Please do not include the serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and/or post it here for our review.

The activation key you got using the Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a mass activation OEM SLP key, which is not valid for activation by any means other than SLP (System Locked Preactivation). SLP is a system designed to use a mass activation OEM SLP key, a mass activation OEM SLP certificate, and an OEM BIOS with a proper matching SLIC table to preactivate major / royalty OEM computers without contacting Microsoft.

To use the OEM SLP key from your computer, you would also have to use the OEM SLP certificate from your computer and ensure that the computer has a valid uncorrupted BIOS with the proper SLIC table. Please see How to Install Windows 7 Without the Disc for an overview of this process. ABR is a utility that pulls both the key and the certificate and can restore both back to a Windows install. Even with the key and certificate, you will need a vaild BIOS with proper SLIC table to activate Windows with the OEM SLP key and cert. Download and use RWEverything to determine the OA/SLP/SLIC version in the computer's BIOS. Refer to this MyDitigalLife webpage entitled "How to Check or Verify PC Motherboard BIOS SLIC Version is SLP OA 2.0 or 2.1 for OEM Activation" for information on how to use and decipher the information.

If everything is fine, than your installation is corrupt and using the HP Recovery discs again will solve the issue. Also, using the 25-digit Windows 7 product key on the Microsoft COA affixed to the side of your computer will solve your issue. You may have to call Microsoft if the key doesn't auto-activate, but this non-SLP key will work.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have not been able to get back to this till now.

Product info:

Model No. p6640f

Product No. BM422AA#ABA

I am now going to go through the info you gave me Dean, to find out about my BIOS and such.

I am sure I'll have another question or two before I'm done.

Thanks so much for your help,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,321 41,568 4,542 11,932
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In the search all programs and filex box that appears when you click on the start button type in slui.exe 4.   The following images are what I saw after typing in slui.exe 4 in the search programs and files box and then clicking on the slui.exe 4 icon that appears above.

slui.PNG

activation by telephone.PNG

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to find the product number

#HelpStopTheSpread
#PracticeSocialDistancing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Provost, I had tried that a number of times and only ended up with the choice of buying new software, input a different product key, or Contact HP for Support. No option for phone numbers. Just so you know.

Dean, very confused by all the options downloads and necessary steps distributed between 2 different forum posts. Made4 me very worried to try to do this. Then I re-read your laswt paragraph on 2nd post, that says entering the Key number from the COA on a sticker on the computer would also work. Well, never looked back in the corner of the computer, behind some other desk furniture, before. THERE it was.

Went to the windows solve this "non-genuine product" place aqnd typed it in. VOILA, it's good, it works, I'm so happy.

You guys are great, thank you.........
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation