cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
IDP25 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Winows Shut Down

Windows Vista Home Premium, shut down frequently is a problem even waiting 15-20 minutes, message that Windows is Shuttting down keeps displaying with a revolving circle on the left.  Please advise

IDP25

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
9,688 9,602 898 2,613
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Winows Shut Down

Assuming that Windows starts OK, then the shut down delay is because Windows is trying to stop some service or waiting for a reply.  Something that is connected or has been installed is not giving the go ahead and Windows is waiting for that permission from that entity to finish.  If there are devices connected, disconnect all of them and see if the shut down process goes better.  If yes, then start connecting the devices back - one at a time - shutting down after each one was connected, until the offending device has been located.

If the shut down is not improved with everything disconnected, then it has to be a software application denying the shutdown.  Finding that will be harder, but not impossible.  Start with process in Task Manager, that are running and close several at a time, trying shut down after each group is stopped until a group gives good shut down.  Then look up each one of that group until you can eliminate the offending process and then stop it from starting up or force it to close before the shut down process is initiated.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
IDP25 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Winows Shut Down

I thank you for response and will follow your advice and hope for the best

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation