Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omni 200 5350xt
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I was able to use my all in one (wirelessly) last on Friday 01/27/2017.

I didn't get on Saturday, but upon today (Sunday) have found that my pc does not connect to the internet wirelessly any more. I only have an option to connect via LAN. No wireless adpaters exsist on my pc. The last Windows update was on 01/13. 
ESET ( an antivirus software updated) updated on Friday, but I was still able to use my pc wirelessly. 

I downloaded and attempted to install the original wireless driver for the computer and got an error code stating I didn't have the minumum requirements with a 9996 at the end. 

The device manager shows nothing for a wireless adapater nor any unknown devices.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cammons

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the wireless connection isn't working and the driver isn't listed in the device manager either,

Don't worry, I recommend you follow the steps mentioned in this HP troubleshooter: Click here

If the issue persists, please run a hardware test (Click here) on the wireless card and get back to me with the results.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher,
Thank you for your reply. 
Before I posted to the forum, I had followed the HP troubleshooter you mentioned first in your response. I however followed it again for good measure just to make sure I didn't miss anything and still ended up with the sad results of nothing accomplished.

I tried doing the hardware test and it doesn't pull up on my Omni for some reason. The F2 button only pulls up a screen that ask if I want to boot my Windows 7.

I downloaded the most recent version of the UEFI, but still it does not pull up when F2 is pushed during pc boot up.

HP Recommended

@Cammons

Thank you for replying and I can see why my words could seem confusing now that you've mentioned the "windows troubleshooter",

The link I shared isn't the same, on the contrary, my link asks you to select from a list of Operating Systems and other steps done to identify the issue and to resolve it.

Click here This is an interactive troubleshooter.

Also, if the UEFI isn't working for you, no worries, Just download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant and run a test using it instead.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.