Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion all-in-one 23-q116
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have a new HP Pavilion All-in-One. When I plugged it in and started it the wireless did connect to our wifi. However it then changed to limited.

I have had the cable company over and they changed the router however he told me that it falls with the wireless adapter since everything else is working.

I can get internet by plugging it directly to the router but I don't wish to do that. I would like for it to be wireless so it can be moved to another location.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks so much in advance~

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@teegeelee,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to connect your computer to the wireless network.

This issue could occur if the network drivers are not updated.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Please follow the steps listed below to update the drivers from the device manager.

1) Right click on the start icon and click on device manager.

2) Go to network adapters.

3) Under network adapters, right click on the wireless adapter.

4) Click on uninstall.

5) Make sure you check the box which says "Delete the driver software for this device".

6) Click on uninstall.

7) Restart the computer and it will install the drivers automatically. 

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. It did help. For a moment.

The computer worked for a little bit and then the pages started either freezing or saying that they couldn't be reached. It still showed connected right at that time, but then it would go back to showing that it was no longer connected.

Very frustrating. I can't find a number to call. This is a new computer although I did buy it a few months ago. I waited to open it until we moved to our new house and I could make it my work computer. So far it is only about as good as a paperweight. 😕

As we were moving and unpacking multiple boxes my husband, without asking first, threw away the box that the computer came in. It didn't come with any paperwork other than the one sheet showing how to turn it on. I'm just so very upset. I feel like I threw away money that I just didn't have to throw away. I never worried about it because I fully believed that any HP computer that I bought new would work right from the start.

Does anyone know of a phone number that I could reach someone?

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

@teegeelee,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

I also see that you need the HP phone support number.

You may contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.