cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LiamEPP
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless internet connection keeps cutting out

The internet connection keeps cutting out, roughly every 5 minutes. 
When i select to "diagnose" the problem it fixes the connection and tells me:

Problems found
    the default gateway is not available

Please help me solve this, it started about a week ago and is very frustrating

I'm running WIndows 7 64 bit
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 4 Hasan_M
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Try disabling the firewall and check if it resolves the issue. Let me know the result.
I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..
0 Kudos
LiamEPP
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Hasan,

I just tried disabling the firewall but it's made no difference. It's weird, I've had the computer for a year with no problems but now I'm lucky if the internet stays connected for more than a minute(!).

I've done many web searches about this and have discovered that it seems to be a fairly common problem with Windows 7 64bit, but not one of the solutions I can see have made any difference....

...I would love some more help with this, it's a very frustrating problem as I can not download large files anymore and that's neccesary for my business.

-Liam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4 Hasan_M
Level 4
64 64 6 15
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi..

Please try the following:

From the Start Menu, click All Programs, click Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'.  Into the prompt type the following commands, hitting enter after each command.  Include spaces in the commands as shown.

ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -R

nbtstat -RR

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

netsh winsock reset

Type exit and hit enter.  Restart the PC and see if you can now connect.

Let me know the results

I work for HP....
........................just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.

Clicking Kudos! is a nice way to say "Thank You" if this helped you .... also mark "Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..
0 Kudos
LiamEPP
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope, that hasn't solved it...

...any other ideas?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation