Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavillion magneseum p6754y
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Prior to the system recovery, both the wireless and wired network boards were seen.

After restoring to factory image, the wireless adapter is not seen.

I dowloaded the wireless driver from hp, but I get an error code:

"Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled. (9996)'

I have done every Microsoft update.

I opened up the machine and verified that the adapter is firmly installed.

I ran bios setup and restored factory default settings.

NO JOY!! 😞

What am I missing?

I am grateful for any help and thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the product specs for your PC, it comes with a Ralink wireless network adapter.

If the wireless driver is missing, in the device manager, there should be a device labeled as a Network Controller with a little ! mark next to it.

See if installing this driver gets the wlan card to work...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink Wireless LAN Controllers in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58586.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply.

That driver didn't work.

The relevant machines listed in the notes for that driver listed all notebooks, no desktops.

The wireless board does NOT show up in device manager.

The machine does not see it so it can't load a driver.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you don't see a device labeled as a Network Controller in the device manager then the wireless card had failed.

The driver I posted would work on that model wlan card.  That is the same card and form factor used in notebook PCs.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.