cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hgroth Top Student
Top Student
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Workspace gone after last Windows 10 update

HP Sprout
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the last Windows 10 update all Sprout Apps and Workspace are gone. How do I restore the Sprout software without doing a complete system restore so I don't lose all my current installed software.

thank you

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Retired
8,219 6,895 449 842
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hgroth,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I gather that after a recent update your desktop is not the same and you want to get it back. I am happy to help with this.

From your post, I see that you are confusing a System Restore with a System Recovery. For your purposes a System Restore is your best bet. See the following Microsoft information showing the different Recovery option and their uses. Recovery options in Windows 10 - windows.microsoft.com

So give a System Restore a go, and let me know if it works. That same linked page has the instructions on how to do it further down.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
hgroth Top Student
Top Student
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I restored with Windows 10 restore point option and went back before the last Windows 10 update and got workspace back. Is there an issue with Windows and should I or should I not get the latest update?
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,219 6,895 449 842
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the update.

I am not aware of a particular issue at this point. The update just may not have gone in correctly.

It is true that some updates do have issues that are addressed with later updates, so if you prefer you can try to prevent the updates from occurring automatically, to allow you to delay when updates are applied.  See this PCWorld article that explains some of the advantages and disadvantages of setting a metered connection: Set Windows 10's Wi-Fi connections as metered to download forced updates at your own pace - pcworld.com

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
hgroth Top Student
Top Student
9 5 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. One other question, if I want to do a clean restore, how can I do it by booting from the USB stick? I tried it but when I boot, its not booting from the USB stick. Or how about the restore partition, how can I restore using that? many thanks
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,219 6,895 449 842
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again, and thank for the updated information.

OK, it seems like this time you are asking about a System Recovery as you are referring to a clean restore. Normally when some one uses that sort of phrase, they are meaning either a clean installation of an operating system, or a factory installation.  In that case the link i previous gave from Microsoft mentioning recovery options is a good thing to look at again.

Now, how to do it depends on whether your computer came with Windows 10 installed from the factory or not, and also whether you previously made a set of recovery media. If you factory installed Operating System was Windows 10, and the hard drive has not been replaced, then you should have an intact recovery partition to use for a factory reset, or to make a set of recovery media. HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)  That document also shows how to use a Recovery image on USB.

If your original operating system was not Windows 10, then the Recovery partition will likely not work anymore after the upgrade. You would need to have previously made recovery media (either discs or USB). If you do not have recovery media, then you can try contacting HP for some. HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
hgroth Top Student
Top Student
9 5 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the original HP USB recovery media. How can I do a factory restore from the USB stick? thanks
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
8,219 6,895 449 842
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

See the following that applies to Windows 8: HP PCs - Recovering your computer from a USB flash drive. The Windows 10 method is pretty much the same.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation