cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
wckedhp
Level 2
19 8 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Z-turbo died

HP Recommended
HP Z820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new HP Z-Turbo 512 on January 21, 2016 and installed it in my Z820. After some thought and reading that you can still upgrade to Win 10 at no cost, last week I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade the Workstation to Win 10 using the Z-Turbo as my boot drive (it has been my Win 7 boot drive since I installed it last January with no issues).

Everything went fine and the installation completed successfully. I was able to use the workstation during the week and turned it off last Friday. When I turned it on this Monday, I got an error message "non-system disk". I went to computer management and the Z-Turbo wasn't listed and it wasn't listed in Device Manager.

Since I have a Kingston Hyper Predator installed with a backup of Win 7, I rebooted to that drive and was able to get into Win 7, no problems.

I had bought a Samsung XP-941 SSD for my Mac Pro and also bought a couple of extra ASUS PCIE add-in cards so I could install the XP-941 in my Mac Pro so I had a couple that I hadn't used.

Today, I decided to take the SSD out of the Z-Turbo card and install it in the ASUS card. I rebooted my computer and the Z-TUrbo dirve is now showing up in HP Performace Advisor (the diagrammatic image lists it as a Z-Turbo Drive.

What I'm wondering is the original Z-Turbo card is a lot more complicated than the ASUS card so is this SSD now performing at a lower capability than if it were in the original PCIE card it came on - and is there a way to get a replacement PCIE Z-Turbo card so I can install the SSD in it, and will it make any difference? (I'm going to boot into Win 10 on the replacement card and run ATTO benchmark.)

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation