Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TeckieMackie Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z210 ssd firmware upgrade problem

z210
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello! Installing the firmware upgrade from the Downloads-Site I am experiencing a problem when restarting the system to complete the install: 0xc0000098 Windows error message about a .bin file in the SWSetup-directory which cannot be found or is corrupt. Maybe the upgrade isn't made for EFI-Windows-Installations? The reason, why I would like to get this firmware upgrade done: The PSU is noisy when the SSD is active. Does anyone else experience this problem? Does the upgrade work with Legacy-Windows-Installations? Is the PSU of the z210 always noisy with this kind of SSD (Intel 320 Series, 160GB)? Thx.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY
TeckieMackie Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z210 ssd firmware upgrade problem

Hello again! So: I tested out upgrading the firmware with a Legacy Installation of Windows 7...and it worked! (The firmware was up to date though, so no benefit gained) This might help others trying to upgrade the firmware of Intel SSD 320 Series. The other questions remain, though...
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation