Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,355 Views)

Z420 ATX Power Connector Pinout

[ Edited ]
Product Name: Z420
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all, I have a Z420 and am looking to replace the standard PSU which I know uses a proprietary 18-pin ATX power supply header, and I was hoping that I could get help with the pinout of the header so I can make a standard ATX 24-pin to 18-pin adapter given that the pinout for it does not seem to be provided in the support pages for the Z420 (from what I have seen at least).

In my search I have found the Z210 pinout for the ATX power connector which is also an 18-pin header, but I do not want to just assume that they share the same pinout and possibly bork my system. I have also found an adapter made just for this purpose from moddiy, however without any pinout information I do not just want to blindly trust them either.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (848 Views)

Re: Z420 ATX Power Connector Pinout

Hi,
I'm trying to do the same thing. Could you share the information if you have figured out how to do this? Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation