cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BYeung
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Z420 Fatal Error 928

HP Recommended
Z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone,

I having issues with my Z420 after I replaced the GPU with a GTX 1060. Everytime I wake up the computer from sleep, the PC will run but the display will not turn on. After a few seconds I get a error message " 928- Fatal PCIe Error. PCIe Error detected slot 2 completion timeout". Does anyone know whats wrong with my computer?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
BambiBoomZ
Level 7
650 623 38 177
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BYeung,

When there are errors relating to  a new GPU and sleep mode, my thoughts immediately turn to the BIOS version and chipset drivers. Your z420 may well have been built before the existence of Pascal GPU's and as a first measure, update both the BIOS and chipset drivers to the latest version. After those updates, restart and update the GTX driver to the latest as well, using a clean install.

The completion timeout error may be due to a registry setting that puts an expected completion time limit onto certain processes. If that process is not competed within a certain time, the application is terminated.  The length of time allowed  may be modfied by adjusting certain registry values, but editing the registry needs to be extremely carefully done.

Let us know what happens.

Cheers,

BambiBoom

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation