Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.

Our brand new HP Z600 workstation running win srv 2008 rebooted after only couple of weeks with the following output from bios level screen:

System reset caused by CATERR.

927 - Fatal error on dimm in slot CPU0 DIMM1

ECC Error on read operation

What does this mean and how can we prevent this from happening in the future ?

Thanks

Sergey

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Having the a similar caterr error message.

Did you recieve any response?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

same here with z800 and windows 7... what is that?

HP Recommended

Same problem here.

any answers?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I also have the same problem. Brand new Z600 workstation that worked for 2 weeks with Win XP 64bit and now gives "System Reset caused by CATERR".  Please can anybody help me.      Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm not sure if any of you got you answer yet, but I just got off the phone with HP and they are sending me a new processor for my workstation which was having this same error.

HP Recommended

HP replaced the Motherboard .... same error. Swapped memory chips... same error.

Replaced processor.... no errors.

HP Recommended

Contact HP support. HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

i got same error on Z800 

HP Recommended

I had the same message on my Z800:

System reset caused by CATERR.

927 - Fatal error on DIMM in slot CPU1 DIMM2

ECC Error on read operation

Now I don't even get that when I power it up, nothing. No beeps or flashing lights, just all the fans go to full speed.

Called HP and they are sending a new CPU and 2GB DIMM, although CPU is back ordered.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.