Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z820 - Option roms no longer available after switch to UEFI for Windows 10

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need access to the LSI 2308 Option ROM to install and manage RAIDs.

I was expecting the Option Roms to still be accessibile after enabling UEFI mode.

I've checked and double checked that they're enabled in the Boot settings, i've also tried tweaking a few of the other surrounding settings (mini option rom prompts etc) to check its not just a display bug.

Does anyone have any idea?

I updated to the latest BIOS (3.9 Rev A) after reading the

I don't really want to go back to the legacy boot and re-install the OS.

I've been following this guide

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04740515

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 6
382 369 22 62
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Don't have a Z820 and don't use UEFI so i'm no expert but consider the following.

If you have done a clean install of Windows 10, and your UEFI firmware has secure boot enabled, you will only be able to boot authorised firmware/loaders/drivers. This means all firmwarer within your system that involves boot process must be signed and tus UEFI aware for boot to proceed. It also implies you must have had set up your RAID configuration within BIOS if installed to the VD array OR you installed the OS to a HDD that is directly connected to the motherboard SATA.

With that in mind, maybe you need to update the firmware on your LSI card if it's not already the latest. That way you may get a validated and signed UEFI option ROM. 

You can always read a little about the UEFI and it's issues directly from the horses mouth.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for your reply, i'll look into firmware flashing if need be -i see what your saying.

Nothing changes mind you if i disable secure boot.

There are two storage controllers on a Z820, one by LSI and one by Intel, both have option roms to invoke at boot (normally). Both aren't showing but i only use the LSI for the on-board RAIDing and use the Intel one as my boot drive & DVD drive so i don't miss out not having access to the option rom for this one.

There must be a whole heap of users that have this sussed!

thanks for your help, much appreciated!

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation