cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Elbee4
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

advice on upgrading HP Compaq dc7800 convertible to i3, i55

HP Compaq dc7800 convertible
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Am in a corporate body as their I.T officer. I just got employed and I have assessed their computers n the largest memory is 2 Gb. I HV recommended that they should but new machines but want to know if I can upgrade dem pls.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 20
Level 20
110,674 100,851 15,757 24,238
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

advice on upgrading HP Compaq dc7800 convertible to i3, i55

Hi:

You can't install any Intel core processor in the dc7800.

Below is the link to the quickspecs for the dc7800.  The supported processors are listed on page 9.

http://www.nordykassociates.com/pdf/dc7800%20QuickSpecs.pdf

They can be upgraded to 8 GB of memory (PC2-6400) if you are running 64 bit operating systems on them.

They also can run Windows 10 as I have a dc7800 CMT with 8 GB of memory, and an E8300 processor.

I have the AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics adapter in mine.  Works fine.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation