Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Yassinech Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

after installing Geforce Asus Gtx 670 Freezes In Hp LOGO

HP PAVILION ELITE HPE-575fr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear Madame or Sir, I am writing to seek your assistance concerning my hp computer. I have recently upgraded my external graphics card and my computer wouldn't boot anymore. When I reinstall my older gpu"ASUS GTX660" it works just fine, but when I install the newer"ASUS GTX670" one it freezes past the "HP" logo. This is what I have tried so far : I tried reseting the bios settings to default. I tried updating my bios to the latest version"7.15"available. I also tried using the new GPU in two of my friends' computers and it works just fine. You will find below specific information for my setup and pictures for what happens when I try to use the newer gpu.

My hp serial : My older GPU: Nvidia GTX 660 2GB OC My new GPU: Nvidia gtx 670 2gb Operating system: Windows 7 x64, PSU:600 WATT , CPU :I7 2600  

Again, as I said, my pci express is working as the older gpu works just fine, and my newer gpu is also functional as my friends computer don't seem to have any issues running it. Please help me, this is starting to give me serious headache...

thanks for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8121 482 912
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Yassinech,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I see your computer is not booting after upgrading the graphics card. I would like to help. 

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

Have you tried to boot the computer to that startup menu or the diagnostics mode?

Recommend you to shut down the computer. Disconnect any external devices connected.

Have only the basic setup, that is power, monitor, keyboard, and mouse connected. If possible use a USB keyboard. 

Turn the computer ON and keep tapping the ESC key to enter the Startup Menu.

In the Startup Menu, select system diagnostics and run a system test. 

If the test pass, restart the computer and Keep tapping the F8 key to enter safe mode with network.

Once the computer boots into the safe mode, install the new graphics driver from the manufacturer's website. (For the installation to complete, you will be prompted to restart the computer)

Upon restart, your computer should be able to recognize the new graphics card and install the driver. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Yassinech Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for answering

but I can't press any keys to go to the boot menu when "ASUS GTX670 installed",my motherboard->"pegatron 2ab6"  . After sitting at the screen for a minute it changes to a black screen with a flashing underscore. 

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
28010 1807 5027
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yassinech

The NVIDIA GTX 670 can be finicky in some PCs.  I'll ask wb2001 to add suggestions as he has also experienced issues with the NVIDIA GTX 670.

@wb2001  Comments on the OP's situation?

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 16GB, 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8121 482 912
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, you mentioned that you get an HP Logo and then the computer freezes right?. Try tapping the ESC key on startup after performing a hard reset. If it still does not respond. You can reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for a minute and placing it back. (Make sure all the cables are disconnected when you remove the CMOS battery, also hold down the power button for a minute after disconnecting the cable to remove static.)

Let me know how it goes. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Yassinech Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried all of this and still have the same problem 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9132 1209 3178
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yassinech,

As @Big_Dave mentioned,  I had a problematic Asus GPU, but it was GTX 660 that refused to work with their own P8Z77-V motherboard . That is why I decided to only promote EVGA, as it worked. In your case, at least remove all the Asus GPU software, install the card, and see if it boots.  Expect very low resolution.  If OK, then install the software/driver CD.

Another issue:  Although it worked in other systems,  unless your comparing the same motherboard ( like your "pegatron 2ab6"),  your logic failed. 

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M 8GB Discrete Graphics (16GB RAM) 512GB m.2 SSD
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ
0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
28010 1807 5027
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yassinech

Write down the serial number off the NVIDIA GTX 670 and then contact ASUS support.

Allow though the ASUS GTX 670 ships without native UEFI support, this card may have been updated with firmware making it UEFI only. Also, depending on the ASUS 670 model that you are trying to use, a 500 watt PSU may not have enough wattage.

The reality is that there is no guarantee that any particular graphics card will work in any particular PC even if the graphics card works in other PCs or even the same or similar model PCs. Know what the return policy is before you buy.

The last word: Some of the GTX 670 and 680 graphics cards required motherboard BIOS updates to make them work. And, some of the ASUS graphics cards would only work in ASUS motherboards.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 16GB, 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Yassinech Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you Dave for answering  .

i have  secend SSd drive and i install a clean win8 with UFEI MODE  withou any driver or sofwares just clean after that i install the asus gtx 670 and same problem.

my spec:

hp pavilion ELITE HPE 575FR

SSD->256

HDD ->1.5 tb

MB->Pegatron 2AB6

PSU->600WATT

GPU -> old one"ASUS direct CU2 GTX660" "NEW->asus direct CU2 670GTX"

Monitor->HP ZR24W    24"

0 Kudos
Yassinech Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you dean for answering  .

i have  secend SSd drive and i install a clean win8 with UFEI MODE  withou any driver or sofwares just clean after that i install the asus gtx 670 and same problem.

my spec:

hp pavilion ELITE HPE 575FR

SSD->256

HDD ->1.5 tb

MB->Pegatron 2AB6

PSU->600WATT

GPU -> old one"ASUS direct CU2 GTX660" "NEW->asus direct CU2 670GTX"

Monitor->HP ZR24W    24"

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation