Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KirkcWood Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

all in one 20-e014 (energy star) trouble creating recovery media

HP All In One PC 20-e014 (Ener
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP All in one PC 20-e014 (Energy Star)

Since purchasing it, I have installed a few programs (aol for email, skype, and Rosetta Stone for Spanish).

Last week I recevied an altert telling me to create recovery media.

I went with the 3 DVD option and successfully downloaded the files for **bleep** 1.

Using the exact same DVDs (capable of holding 8.5 GB), I tried and tried and tried to complete **bleep** 2.

One of the disks actully loaded 100% of the data and then kicked out the **bleep** before the image was varified (down load failed).

My computer tells me to retry the download for disk 2 - but I can't find any DVDs with a capacity over 8.5 GB.

The Rosetta Stone program is roughly 22,500 KB big and the biggest program I have added to my system since purchase.

So, will it do me any good to delete the Rosetta Stone progam and retry the download for disk 2 or am I just bumping my head against a wall?

Please let me know,

Kirk

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES
PhD Student
PhD Student
750 67 130
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I would like to assist but am not clear on what is happening.

Please see this HP Support document on working with the HP Recovery Manager.

I don't understand why you are downloading stuff. 

HP usually suggests using either a USB stick or standard DVD+ or DVD- discs to create recovery media.

The recovery discs will not backup programs you have installed on the PC. The Recovery program creates recovery media which will set your PC back to factory specs.

Jay

0 Kudos
KirkcWood Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The recovery manager only gave me the 3 disk option.

Disk 1 was successful.

Disk 2 keeps failing.

Any suggestions?

Kirk

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
750 67 130
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have three options.

1. Try a different DVD disc.

2. Download and run the Win 10 Media Creation Tool to create a Win 10 installation disc or USB stick. You can use this media to recover or reinstall Win 10. 

3. Purchase HP Recovery media here. This link is based on the product number you supplied. An incorrect link is not my responsibility. Verify the build number (15AM3QRT603) at the link to the build number affixed to the chassis of your product.

Jay

0 Kudos
KirkcWood Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jay,

Thanks for replying.

Option 1 has been tried and has failed (about 5 times over)

I will give option 2 a go.

How many 8.5 GB capacity discs should I need?

Thanks in advance,

Kirk 

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
750 67 130
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome.

Option two requires either a 4 GB or greater USB stick or a standard 4.7 GB DVD (+) or (-) disc.

Jay

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation