Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 7 (359 Views)

banner printing

Product Name: officejet pro 6830 all-in-one
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

i purchaesed this printer in November 2015 not realizing it might not have some options I have been use to-I have 6 grandchildren and I print 4 page banners for birthdays - graduations and other family parties - now I find out that this printer does not offer banner printing - you would think that a printer that retails for 200.00 this would be part of the HP standards - not so. are there any options for installing banner printing software to this printer I have the banners set up in Windows office for the last 15 years and previous printers HP & Lexmark always have had banner printing installed until now. calling this model PRO is short of what I expected.

thanks

Ron Dompke

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (344 Views)

Re: banner printing

dumper2

I have searched but been unable to find any information supporting banner printing on that model printer.

What you could try, is downloading and installing the trial version of this app to see if it works:  https://www.postersw.com/

Click the Download link on the upper left to get to the download page.

The paid version is not very expensive, but at least you get to see if this works before you pay for it.

Good Luck

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Top Student
Message 3 of 7 (310 Views)

I wrote a letter to the  President of the printing division - one of his representatives called me and said they have a couple of their experts looking at what decisions were made in reference to this problem  - will call back when an answer is available.  Great response from corporate really appreciate that kind of feed back. 

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (276 Views)

I am a volunteer here and have nothing whatsoever to do with HP, so I can not comment on what HP told you.

Did you at least TRY the utility I linke to?

Top Student
Message 5 of 7 (272 Views)

HP corporate staff has advised me that it is not a software problem that it is hardware not built into the printer. They feel that so few people use banner printing that they eliminated the necessary hardware needed to properly feed banner paper through the printer and no additions can be made that would allow banner printing.

Provost
Message 6 of 7 (266 Views)

WOW -- sorry to hear that!

So, yet another age-old useful capability bites the dust in the name of progress!!

Companies have become so obsessed with social media now, that they have conveniently forgotten that SOME of us still continue to use our computers for stuff that is NOT on line!

Top Student
Message 7 of 7 (258 Views)

The problem is with ink jet printers Lexmark no longer makes them HP doesn'the have the correct hardware neither does Canon and still waiting on Epson for an answer they all offer banner printing in Laser printers but at a much bigger price not a great option for  home printing.

Thanks for your offer to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation