Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (2,816 Views)

battery indicator error message on HP pavilion slimline desktop

I bought a desktop HP Pavilion Slimline model s5688d in March 2011, with Windows 7 64-bit installed. Recently, there has been these error messages that keeps popping up everytime I start up the pc:

"BATTERY INDICATOR - HPID09 Access violation at address 702E1A3B in module HID.DLL. Read of address 01597790."

"BATTERY INDICATOR - HPID09 Access violation at address 00401D54 in module BATINDICATOR.exe. Read of address 000002DC."

I have already restored the pc to factory settings 2x but this error still recurred. Would appreciate any advice on how to solve this problem. THanks!!

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 8 (2,786 Views)

Re: battery indicator error message on HP pavilion slimline desktop

Hi,
Welcome to the HP Forum!

et9326 wrote:

I bought a desktop HP Pavilion Slimline model s5688d in March 2011, with Windows 7 64-bit installed. Recently, there has been these error messages that keeps popping up everytime I start up the pc:

"BATTERY INDICATOR - HPID09 Access violation at address 702E1A3B in module HID.DLL. Read of address 01597790."

"BATTERY INDICATOR - HPID09 Access violation at address 00401D54 in module BATINDICATOR.exe. Read of address 000002DC."

I have already restored the pc to factory settings 2x but this error still recurred. Would appreciate any advice on how to solve this problem. THanks!!

1. Click on START
2. Type "cmd" (without quotes). Right click the result at the top of the START menu and select "Run as Administrator"

3. type  chkdsk /r /f and press enter. 

regards,

erico

If any of my posts help you, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple Thumbs up + icon .

If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (2,782 Views)

Hi Erico,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. However, when I did as what you've suggested, this was the message that popped up in the black window after I pressed enter:

"The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current driver.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)"

Provost
Message 4 of 8 (2,776 Views)

et9326 wrote:

Hi Erico,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. However, when I did as what you've suggested, this was the message that popped up in the black window after I pressed enter:

"The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current driver.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)"

That is not a problem.  You may answer yes to the question. Having chkdsk run at startup is a good thing. Smiley Happy

regards,

erico

If any of my posts help you, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple Thumbs up + icon .

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (2,771 Views)

THanks Erico,

Have run the test (which lasted 3hrs!)... and the same error msg still popped up! =( help...

Provost
Message 6 of 8 (2,766 Views)

et9326 wrote:

THanks Erico,

Have run the test (which lasted 3hrs!)... and the same error msg still popped up! =( help...

OK. 

1. Click on START
2. Type "cmd" (without quotes). Right click the result at the top of the START menu and select "Run as Administrator"

3.  chkdsk c: /r  (that tells chkdsk to require a reboot and run on the next startup. That should take care of the error message)

regards,

erico

Student
Message 7 of 8 (2,437 Views)

I had this on a machine which is only a year old

Doubt it would be the CMOS battery or errors on the HDD, most likely is a HP software update which has knocked it off

Check for HP updates

Check for installed HP updates, has there been any recently updates which could have caused this

Provost
Message 8 of 8 (2,436 Views)

Did your slimline come with a wireless keyboard?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation