cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
thepope
3 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

bios reset

HP Recommended

touchsmart 15 cannot get the bios to reset

2 REPLIES 2
MechPilot
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,258 359 766
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello thepope,

I have read your post on how you cannot get the bios to reset, and I would be happy to guide you towards a resolution! To begin, I will need to ask you a few questions:

• What is the Product and Model Number of your desktop computer?
  • What version of Windows do you have installed on your computer?
  • Has your computer completed all of its important Windows Updates?
  • Have you updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant?
  • Is this an on-going, or recent issue?
  • Have you added any new software or hardware to your desktop recently?
  • Are you able to load Windows successfully when your computer boots up?

In the meantime, I recommend following this document on Restoring the BIOS. This should help recover your computer from possible BIOS errors, corruptions, and restore the BIOS to factory settings.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy 

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Fabian_K
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey

Howe can i reset the bios on a HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF, I can´t start windows. All times i power it in a red lamp shows in the front and it makes a sound ( 5 times short).

THX 4 Help

Fabian

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation