Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
warden03 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

black screen after start up

HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-107n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My problem is: -

I press the power button on my tower; it lights up and the ‘hp’ logo briefly flashes on the monitor. The monitor goes then blank/black.

I press and hold the power button on the tower. The power light goes out, and the monitor THEN indicates ‘no signal’, as it should.

I repress the power button on the tower, and everything boots up, as it should – most of the time.

Also, I cannot get my tower to wake up from sleep – I have to force a shutdown, by pressing down and holding the power button on the tower.

I am hoping someone out there has a SIMPLE solution.

Please note, this is new computer with windows 10 pre installed.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16650 16629 1203 1786
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Warden,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you have boot issues on your PC.

Try the following steps-

1. Remove discs and devices before powering on the unit.
  2. Perform hard reset.
  3. Run hardware diagnostics.

Please refer the document for further troubleshooting Link: http://hp.care/2bFxsql

If the above steps do not fix the problem, Please provide the product number

Let me know if this helps.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

warden03 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Chetan,

Thank you for your suggestion on how to resolve my 'black screen after start up' problem. I have a partial solution. My son disabled (what he told me was) the 'fast start up, option. I can start up okay, though a little slower than before. I still have a problem whereby, the computer well not 'wake up' after being put to sleep. I can live with this. It just means I have to close-down, everytime.

If, by any chance, you have a full solution, I would be pleased to hear/read it.  my Computer details are: -

HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-107na (ENERGY STAR) Model #: P1K41EA .  SNIOS Name  Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240

I bought it new (from Littlewoods) July, this year, 2016.

Once again, thank you for your kind help.

Paul V. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16650 16629 1203 1786
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! Thanks for the reply Warden. 

I understand that you have issues waking unit from sleep.

So I have an article for you which could help you in solving the problem.

Link:http://hp.care/2bVND4U

Let me know it this helps!

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation