Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,460 Views)

blue screen crash

I purchased my system in November 2010 and  few times a day I get a blue screen crash with my Pavilion Elite HPE. I have a GT 420 video card. This is a typical report:

BugcheckCode 184     BugcheckParameter1 0xfffffa80095074d0     BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff880031ddfc0     BugcheckParameter3 0x0     BugcheckParameter4 0x0     SleepInProgress false     PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Every crash has bugcheckcode 184.

On December 21st, my video card fan started running at a high speed. After being on for a few minutes, my monitor would go dark. HP support determined that the GT420 video card was bad and ordered a replacement, however the card was on backorder.

In the interim, I purchased a gt 220 from Best Buy. While this card was installed in my system I never once received a blue crash or any type of problem.

After approximately 3 weeks, my new gt 420 arrived. I switched out my gt 220. Now, I'm back to several blue screen crashes every day, with bugcheck code 184.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 4 (1,226 Views)

Re: blue screen crash

i had a similiar issue radom blue screen crashes sometime alot in one sitting after 12 hrs of phone calls they finaly sent me a box to ship it back for repairs there sending it back today with a new motherboard that is what i was leaning towards and thats what they said was causing the radom blue screen crashes i hope it fixes it i let u know

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,006 Views)

Hi. Did the MB replacement do the trick? Tom in Burbank, CA

Student
Message 4 of 4 (980 Views)

Had the same problem...the new motherboard DID help. God I miss XP !

I have always been a supporter of HP, but I believe this one is my last ....(bought in July 2011), and I plan on referring all of my friends and family to look elsewhere as well.

I know that the problem is Microsoft, but HP uses there product, and I KNOW that HP is aware of all the problems, especially the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. HP should demand a fix from Microsoft, because HP knows just as well that they are selling a faulty product. VERY bad business  for BOTH companies....and yes, I know......why should THEY care, once we buy their product, and have our money.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation