Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need to buy a Gaming computer and would like to use my All in One as a monitor with it since it has a great screen.  Is it possible to connect another computer to my All in One?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Fletch43, welcome to the forum.

What is the full model of your computer?  There are 590 TouchSmart 600 models.  I need the specs to answer your question.

You have some great choices with HP gaming computers.  You should check the Omen gaming laptop to see what it has to offer.  I am using one as I type.  I have been a gamer for years.  It does everything that any of my desktops could do.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

My touchsmart is 600-1151

I need gaming computer for Second Life and have always had HP computers and have seen gaming ones I like...just need the money:)  Being able to use my touchsmart will save me from having to buy a Monitor..plus this one is great.

Thanks for your reply

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

Money always seems to get in the way of we boys having fun!! 😉

The problem that you have is, there is no video port on the computer:

Figure : Back I/O panel
  1. IR blaster for set-top box NOTE: The IR blaster may not be enabled on all models.
  2. 3.5mm analog audio (supports 2 channels)
  3. S/PDIF coaxial out
  4. RJ-45 Network (LAN)
  5. USB 2.0: 3

This means there is no way to connect it to a computer.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I have a HDMI port on the side at top. Can this be used or a cable that converts from HDMI to a video adapter?

HP Recommended

I am sorry that I didn't add that information:

Image of the left side of the system
  1. Video display inputs (not available on some models, does not output video)
  2. Ambient light control button (not available on some models)
  3. Two USB ports
  4. Audio input
  5. Headphone audio output

If you read Item #1 it states the following:

1. Video display inputs (not available on some models, does not output video)

Therefore, it won't work as a monitor.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I want it to input video....to use my all in one as a monitor for my new game desktop computer . 

HP Recommended

I am still not certain that it will work.  The best thing to do is try it on a friends computer to see if it will work.

HP Recommended

Good idea!! I will hook up my laptop through HDMI port.....Thanks for help

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Glad to help.

Please let me know if it works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.