Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

can nvidia gtx 950 fit in hp pavilions p6-2356in

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion p6 - 2356in
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

hello, can anyone tell me that can nvidia gtx 950 fit in hp pavilions p6-2356in? Please help

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 451 846
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Rushaan,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that you are looking for help with a graphics card upgrade.  I am happy to help with this.

Looking through the specifications pages HP Pavilion p6-2356in Desktop PC Product Specifications,  HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, H-Cupertino3-H61-uA TX (Cupertino3), and GeForce GTX 950 Specifications, please see the following comparisons:

For the  GTX 950:

Recommended System Power (W)      350W

Supplementary Power Connectors       1x 6-pins

Bus Support                                       PCI Express 3.0

For your computer:

Power Supply:  Internal 300W

One PCI Express x16 (Gen 2.0)

From that the PCIe version is lower on the board, and the power supply is below the minimum recommended. Even if the hard drive were replaced with one that has a higher output, the difference in PCIe versions would result in a performance hit of some kind.  Also note that any power supply would need to have whatever supplementary power connectors a card requires to function properly.

I hope that helps, and if it does explain the issue sufficiently please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thnx for the information ,but what about zotac gtx 750 ti 2 gb ddr5 card ??

Ummm..... and is the problem with PCI slot too big I mean I had a friend who has the same pc and he runs gtx 750 ti with the same power supply???.please help:'(:'(:'(

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation