Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp touchsmart 610-11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am not able to connect to the internet.  When I try, I receive a message that there might be a problem with the driver for the local area connection 2 adapter.  The details of the error message state

IPV 4 connectivity - not conected

IPV 6 connectivity - not connected.

I tried to connect using both the ethernet and wifi connections, and neither worked (although I was connected to the wifi system, I had no internet connection)

I tried the windows recovery system and the HP system assistant, and when I did a check of the system, it gave me a root cause error of "IP not bound 109."  Neither the windows nor the HP assistant could repair the issue.    

I checked in the device manager, and the driver is up to date for the driver.  I also tried disabling and then enabling each network adapter, and that did not work.

Please help!!

Here are the details of my system:

HP touchsmart 610-1150Y    v7.06

Windows 10 Home

OS 10586.494 

Network Adapters:

Dual Stream 802.11n wieless LAN card - location PCI slot 2 (PCI bus 3, device 0, function 0)

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Conroller v 7.32.1111.2010 - location - PCI slot 5 (PC bus 4, device 0, function 0)

Thanks!

LP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there @LP08550,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are unable to connect to the internet.   I am happy to help with this.

Checking your model's support page HP TouchSmart 610-1150y Desktop PC there are not any drivers for Windows 10. You have a few things you can try, you can try installing the Windows 7 or 8 driver as is, or try using compatibility mode in Windows 10. For some help with that please see: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 - answers.microsoft.com. 

Another option you can try is to remove the LAN adapters from within Device Manager and then scan for hardware changes, to see if Windows 10 will find a built in driver. If it does give it a try and see if there is a change in terms of connectivity.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.