The HP Community is here for you.
06-15-2011 03:29 PM
Just completed the recovery process. All went well except now I can't install any software that has to be downloaded (e.g. Acrobat Reader, iTunes, etc.) If copy the install from another from another computer it installs fine, but if it has to download any files as part of the installation...no can do. I can't even update Java.
06-17-2011 11:53 AM
In order to better assist you, could you please answer the following:
1) HP computer model and version of Windows (XP, Vista, Win7)
2) What "browser" are you using? Check the settings.
3) What Security package are you using?
4) Which Recovery process did you initiate? non-destructive, or full (condition is an "out of the box" experience).
5) Are you able to download the file first, then run the install from the saved file?
Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..
Loaner: Envy Omen Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 4th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M 8GB Discrete Graphics (16GB RAM) 512GB m.2 SSD
HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t E8400,Win7 Pro, 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN7 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 8GB, 500GB HD SSD, Rosewill Blackhawk case and OCZ 750W.
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620