Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
IzazDawn Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't enable legacy

HP 20 All-in-one pc 20-2010ET
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm trying to enable legacy  boot on my HP 20 all-in-one PC and I'm running into a bunch of trouble. So first of all here is what my secure boot settings look like secureboot.jpg

As you can see secure boot should be disabled here, but there is no option to enable legacy boot as it's shown in the guide on the HP website.

When trying to change boot options all that I run into is this boot order 1.jpg

and pressing F5 gives this error message

boot order 2.jpg

I'm also running the latest BIOS version that I could download on the HP drivers page ^6CD3CA212B1665B5981FF55B56EFAEA3088EA6BC5A6EFDAD7A^pimgpsh_mobile_save_distr.jpg

Please help me solve this specific case while knowing that I've already read This guide, and thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't enable legacy

Hi@M_Horreur,

Welcome to forums HP Forums. One stop for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Cannot enable the legacy boot. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

Try doing a bios update and check if that helps you enable the legacy boot options.

Follow the link below to download the BIOS update for your PC.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76859.exe

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
IzazDawn Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't enable legacy

@Resolv_S wrote:

Hi@M_Horreur,

Welcome to forums HP Forums. One stop for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Cannot enable the legacy boot. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

Try doing a bios update and check if that helps you enable the legacy boot options.

Follow the link below to download the BIOS update for your PC.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76859.exe

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thx for the reply, unfortunately this didn't quite work out, I've already tried to update to that BIOS version but with no hope.

update.jpg

Here the version of BIOS after update is shown as 0.00.  Apparently the update you provided isn't for the motherboard that I already have?

Anyways that's the result that I'm getting update error.jpg

So here are my current bios and motherbord specs mb.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

can't enable legacy

Hi@ IzazDawn,

Thanks for the reply.

Then I request you follow the steps form the link below and restore the previous version of BIOS and check if that helps.

http://hp.care/2cdZJcn

If that doesn’t work, I recommend you contact Phone support using the link below.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Cheers.

Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation