cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Blechils
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

cancel smart friend

HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I am wondering how I can cancel my subscription to HP Smart Friend. I am currently on hold (52:46 and counting) with HP through the number provided on the confirmation email, and hopefully this will allow me to cancel my subscription, but I am wondering if there is any way to do it remotely. I have been unable to find any web page that would allow me to do this quickly and easily. If there is any way that I can click a button and end my service. Please do not direct me to call Smart Friend as I have seen in response to others questions. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,811 454 848
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Blechils,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
betsy9
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I believe this whole smart friend is a scam. Ive been transferred several time and hung up on. Their technical support on the other line stated they would have to call me back. they can't cancel it over the phone.  Then I go to hp.com and there is an alert about hp scammers calling and don't provide them with any info? **bleep** the how am i supposed to cancel? i'm just going to cancel my credit card and call this fraud!!!

Omar-E
Retired
Retired
10,015 6,465 119 423
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@betsy9

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation