Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
quqnuss Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cannot set bios password - dc5750 small form factor

Hi,

People ask how to reset bios password.

I am asking - how to set bios password ?

Everything gets saved but the bios password.

I have dc5750 small form factor.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,.

Please try this document : http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3252512&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c00...

Computer Setup—Security PAGE 13

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
quqnuss Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi GBL84,

no, the link you provided did not help.

It says nothing regarding my question.

How to setup a password is already known to me.

I asked, why I can save everything else other than after-password-setup-related -option.

It means, I can set a  setup password or power-on password or both.

If I try to change them within the very same session, it asks me for the password I just set up.

When I reboot the system with F10, meaning saving the values and exit, the bios forgets password(s) !!

I flashed the bios  to its most recent available version ( something 1.22 earlier - something 1.36 now ).

No change in behavior with respect to passwords.

I think my problem / situation is more clear now.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation