cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Softy_D Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cd/dvd drive is neither working nor detecting.

6730s laptop intel core2 duo
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hello,

i have a very old hp laptop model no.- 6730s intel core2 duo (window 7,[32 bit os]) , this laptop is now discontinued by hp. i am facing a lot of problem in cd/dvd drive. need an urgent solution.

Drive is not read or write any cd or Dvd. i tried many solutions but it is not working. also i tried to fix the registry entry manually, but in class section that upper & lower filters are missing. i updated my drive ,but it showing installation of software drive is failed.

please ,tell me what to do to fix this problem as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
PhD Student
PhD Student
750 739 67 130
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cd/dvd drive is neither working nor detecting.

Greetings,

Have you tried the Win 7 Microsoft fixit or manual  fix for this issue found here?

The drive may have seen it's best days!

Cheers!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation