The HP Community is here for you.
09-21-2009 10:37 AM - last edited on 02-20-2017 01:52 PM by OscarFuentes
I need change the processor for 2 duo, if posible? What is you recomend me?
Here are the compatible options as published by HP. They are compatible with the HP BIOS on your motherboard..
- Socket: 775
- Supports the following processors:
- Core 2 Duo E6x00 (Conroe core) up to E6700
- Core 2 Duo E4x00 (Conroe core) up to E4400
- Pentium E2000 series (Conroe core, 1 MB cache) up to E2160
- Pentium 4 6x1 series (Cedar Mill core) up to 661 (3.6 GHz)
- Celeron (Conroe core) up to 440
- Celeron D 3xx series (Cedar Mill core) up to 365 (3.6 GHz)
I recommend an Intel Core2 duo E6700. Unfortunately they are a bit hard to find. Don''t bother trying anything with designation numbers above above that or with a 50 on the end (i.e. E6750). It would be a crap shoot and you come up with snake eyes.
If your problem is solved or question answered, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.
03-03-2010 07:08 PM
Digging up an old thread here, but I'm looking at upgrading my a6214x as well.
I noticed that for the core 2 duo processors it lists a Conroe core. It doesn't look like they're making many of those anymore. Would a Wolfdale core like this one work?