Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

changed my windows to 10 and no update available in driver section for windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

absence of the drivers alot things doesnot work for example the fingersprint .. recovery lost .. alot of problems facing me please help

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,392 23,333 2,150 5,076
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mohamed_Emad

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in your HP PC -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your PC.

HP only guarantees Win10 compatibility for machines made after August, 2013. HP is no longer producing drivers for the older machines.

This means that your PC is most likely NEVER going to be fully functional under Win10 because the drivers it needs for full functionality simply do not exist!

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

then what is the approximate solution for this problem

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,392 23,333 2,150 5,076
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

The "solution" is to go back to Win7 where everything works, instead of trying to go to Win10, where you have no HP drivers.

While Microsoft tells you that there is no risk in the Win10 Upgrade, because they let you believe that you can always revert back to your original OS and setup within 30 days, the ugly fact of the matter is that the Win10 GoBack function has proven to be unreliable -- and when it fails, it can leave machines in a corrupted state -- which doesn't always happen, but it does happen often enough to be a problem and you won't get any warning in advance that it is going to trash your PC!

You can try reverting back to Win7, but there is no guarantee that it will work.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation