cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
shreyesshreyes
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

changing os to factory w8 from w7

HP Recommended
500-a82in
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

For some purpose i downgraded my system from w8 to w7 originaly i got my pc with w8 so is there a way to restore my pc to w8 i dont have a w8 installation disk but just have its recovery disks so is there a way ?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,386 30,293 2,764 6,692
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@shreyesshreyes

If the recovery disks are those you made yourself using the HP utility, or if they are HP Recovery Media you obtained from HP, then all you have to do is boot from the first disk, follow the directions, and your PC will be restored to its original condition when it came preinstalled with Win8.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> i don't have a w8 installation disk but just have its recovery disks,

Will those "recovery" disks work to "recover" your computer to the original factory-installed operating systems, namely Windows 8?

I looked at: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-500-a00-desktop-pc-series/5374062/model...

but did not see an option to order a "System Recovery Set" from HP.

Take a look at:  www.ComputerSurgeons.com  -- they might offer that set for your specific model.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation