cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

colored vertical lines on all in one desktop. ...

HP Recommended
pavilion-23 b364
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

meh.jpg

i don't understand why this keeps happening...  happens when i watch videos(tried on three different browsers and another application) the computer also goes into sleep or hybernation mode and i have to hard restart it afterwards. I have updated the amd driver.. Can anyone help me??  

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 451 846
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @xpureheartx,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that your display is breaking up into coloured patches while watching videos.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

What applications have you tried for watching any videos? Do DVDs play alright or is there the same issue?

Have you tried using VLC media player ?  - vidieolan.org

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's mostly when i watch videos on edge, chrome, or opera browsers. The picture above was from an app called kodi.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 451 846
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it from a specific site you are trying to stream from, or is it all sites?

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have only really tried youtube.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 451 846
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it is just youtube videos then maybe you can find something on thier support page: Troubleshoot playing videos - support.google.com

Have you tested any standalone video files you have downloaded?

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's not just youtube. I have a video app i use to watch tv shows its called kodi. I can try watching a dvd or a downloaded movie when i get home. But yeah. Not just youtube.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Update: i tried to watch a dvd with vlc player and it restarted itself by 5 mins in. And then i tried in got to 6 mins and it froze again. Not the color bars just a weird square around the pointer/mouse and made a weird noise.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 451 846
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the update. 

I believe, when you are saying it restarted itself and then locked up again when you tried to run vlc again, that you are referring to the software and not the computer. Just in case you meant the computer, please see: HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎

If my assumption is correct that you meant only the vlc program, then work through these two documents: HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)HP PCs - Slow Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎. There is some overlap between them. This should help with optimizing the computer and isolating or removing any other program that could be a source of the issue.

Let me know if there is any change after trying those.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It happens anytime i play video. First it started on youtube. I tried two other browers after the initial problem. Then it did it while i was streaming on an app called kodi. Then i tried to play a dvd through vlc it always malfunctions. I haven't had the computer long. But i did a factory reset back to windows 8(what it came with) then upgraded to Windows 10 as a clean install. I updated the amd monitor and everything. I believe it has 18 gb unbuffered ram. No clue what the problem is..
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation