Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (4,939 Views)

computer doesn't recognize SDHC slot not working when card plugged in m8226x

This is driving me insane. I purchased a 8GB High Capacity SD card for my camera. Have pictures on it an can't download them or do anything.

The computer won't recognize it

How can HP sell a computer in 2007 that does NOT support high capacity flash memory.   All the Vista hot fixes won;t do anything. I spend money on a card that won't work. People say update the drivers. I did. Doesn't do anythingI think this is a hardware problemI don;t want to go out now nad look for a card reader to buy, when my computer has the meadia slots built into itPlease helpThanks

Windows Vista (32)

Model #: m8226x
Product #: GN688AA-ABA
Serial #:

Software Build #: 74NAv3PrA1
Service ID #: 123-007
PCBRAND: Pavilion

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 4 (4,934 Views)

Re: computer doesn't recognize SDHC slot not working when card plugged in m8226x

The card reader may not be compatible with HC/High Speed SD media.  Hot fix won't fix the limitation of that card reader.  I saw a nice reader @ Newegg this morning for $10 and free shipping.
Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (4,727 Views)

Re: computer doesn't recognize SDHC slot not working when card plugged in m8226x

Wouldn't  tbe easier to upgrade the Firmware on the built in Card Reader, so it accepts SD HC ?

Thanks

Student
Message 4 of 4 (1,329 Views)

Re: computer doesn't recognize SDHC slot not working when card plugged in Folio 13

So the specs say it support SDHC, it''s on Windows 7 which says it needs to be formatted, but give the error message that it cannot.

Conventional triage would say it's a software, not hardware problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation