cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cain-Supreme
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

computer restart when trying to play battlefield

HP Recommended
hp envy h8 1409
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all

well its all in the title

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,613 3,967
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cain-Supreme

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the computer restarts when trying to play battlefield,

I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution;

When was the last time it worked without these issues (date)? did you attempt a system restore?

Is this the only game causing the issues?

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on HP Forums?
What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..).

In the meantime, you may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the windows 8, 8.1 or 10 as the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly.

Here's how you do it:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows. 
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.

If you don't like the way windows looks after the above step, you might want to consider upgrading your RAM (Memory card).

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon. 
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,810 5,050
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The AMD 7570 is a low performing graphics card  and is insufficient for Battlefield. I run Battlefield and I know that your graphics card has insufficient performance for Battlefield.

Most of the newer UEFI enabled graphics cards should work in your PC.  This EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1060 SC Gaming card should work quite well even at the higher game settings with a screen resolution of 1920x1080 or less.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Cain-Supreme
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my specs

Windows 10

i7 3770 3.4 GHZ

Radeon HD 7870 OC Sapphire GHZ Edition 1GHZ Core Clock 2GB

16GB Ram

1To Drive

0 Kudos
Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,535 1,810 5,050
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cain-Supreme

The specifications for your PC are listed here. It doesn't list the AMD 7870.

The 7870 wouldn't work with the stock 460 watt power supply.

If you still have issues then I suggest that you contact a competent local PC repair shop.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
Cain-Supreme
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i upgraded it with the card i mentioned

0 Kudos
Cain-Supreme
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

forgot to me mention that the game im trying to play if battlefield 4

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation