Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (361 Views)

computer turns on then dies

I have a desktop hp pavilion slimline s5210t .It just quit working.Only the power light  came on.I haven't added anything to it I cleaned the dust out with canned air but it didnt help.I replaced the power supply unit and now I can hear the hard drive turn on but then dies and nothing shows on  the monitor, but the cooling fans work and before they didnt.I was wondering if I should replace the processor?

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 4 (321 Views)

Re: computer turns on then dies

I would not recommend replacing the processor.  You should only replace the processor if you know what you're doing.

If your computer is in warranty, I would contact HP for it to be serviced.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (316 Views)

The computer is not under warranty.Could it be the motherboard?

Master's Graduate
Message 4 of 4 (313 Views)

It could be many things. It could the Motherboard, could be a loose LCD connection.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation