cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
no_clue-1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

computer will not stay on

HP Media Center m7360n
Microsoft Windows XP

When  I  turn my computer on it gets as far as the windows logo then cuts off before I can do anything else. any ideas how to fix this? I  have tried several times but can never get it to come up completely to wher and can choose what I want to do.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,219
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

computer will not stay on

Hi There @no_clue-1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand from your post that you have an issue with PC shutting down after HP logo screen.

I would recommend you try these steps:

Unplug the PC and remove the side panel, clean out all the dust carefully remove and replace all the cables going to the motherboard one at a time, do the same for the memory dims, video and sound cards (if you have any).

Plug your PC back and give it a go.

Safety precautions:

• When working with the computer:
  • Unplug the power cord & all other peripherals from the computer.  
  • Press & hold the power button for 30 seconds to discharge static charges inside the unit.
  • To protect the components of the computer, wear a grounding wrist strap at all times.

Let me know how it goes!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation