cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tiaembroidery
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cpu fan HP 251-a126 part number

HP Desktop 251-a126
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Could someone provide or help me find the part number for the CPU fan in my HP 251-a126 desktop.  If you could provide a source to purchase one, it would really help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29 29 3 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @tiaembroidery,

Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. 🙂  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to have the best experience in the HP forums. 

I understand you need the part number for the system fan and a source of purchase if any. I will do my best to assist you.

The part number for the system fan of your PC is 646679-001.

Unfortunately, this part is not available for order from HP.

You can try checking it in local stores or on the internet.

In future, if you want to check any part number for your computer, you can visit our Parts Store website. You just need to search your PC’s product number in the search field and you will get all the part numbers for your PC.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers:)

Anoop
I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
10,306 10,140 1,376 3,796
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tiaembroidery,

I would like to assist you, but I need more info.  Please verify each item listed.

1) The HP 251-a126 is a slimline tower with an external 65W brick power supply.

2) It has a CPU fan, and a rear System Fan. 

3) The CPU fan has a part number on the fan, 4 screws hold it to the heatsink.  You can remove it would harm to the heatsink and CPU processor chip. 

4) The System Fan is mounted to the rear chassis of the cabinet.

5) The picture I saw showed a 3 wire header to the motherboard for both fans.

In the example below, please disregard the PSU fan.  "aXXX" models have external PSU.

SR5510f case.JPG

Which fan do you actually need?  Noise or other reason(s)?

@Anoop_KN gave you the part number for the rear System fan.  These are also known as "Case Fans".

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
0 Kudos
tiaembroidery
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is a CPU fan.  I can not read the characters in the plastic on the fan.  Can you point me in the direction of where to find a replacement.  I need to secure it ASAP.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation