Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

customer service

HP Recommended
Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I am not sure why HP calls what they offer customer service.

When the screen on my new touchsmart stopped working I contacted HP support and spent an hour or 2 trying to troubleshoot the issue. They said they would send me packing materials and information to return the unit. It never arrived and they cancelled the repair ticket.

I then received a customer satisfaction survey on which I explained what happened and assured them I would never by another HP product. This seemed to strike a nerve and I was contacted by the executive resolution department who assured me they would handle my issue.

They said they would send out material and info to return the computer. I explained to the rep "Stephen" that I worked 24 hour shifts and that I had to attend a conference out of town so it might be as late as 3/13 before I could get it packed and shipped.

The the box arrived on Friday while I was at work. I also worked Sun Mon and Tues. 

I recieved an email from "Stephen on Monday while I was at work threatening to cancel the service ticket.

I called him and explained again that I was at work, I was not getting off untill Wed morning and I had to leave immediately to go to a conference downstate (which my employer paid for and where I receive continuing education to maintain my license)

I explianed I would be back Fri and would make sure the package got out Sat am.

He told me he would give me until 2pm Wed to either ship it or he would cancel the repair.

So I came home this morning and am missing classes so I can make a customer service rep with an over inflated idea of his importance in the world feel good about himself.

I on the other hand will now have to explain to my boss why I couldnt fulfill my obligation to the service.

BTW I am typing this on my 5 year old Sony which had never had an issue of any kind. this episode has certainly not improved my veiw of HP "customer service"

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,281 121 369
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @cwherbst ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my experience with hp has been a nightmare, purchased an hp laptop, 3 months later had to have it repaired, less than a week after getting it back, its torn up again, they want me to pay for repairs and shipping, which i will not do, i have a dell laptop thats over 10 years old, never have any problems with it,  i will never purchase another hp product, guess im just stuck with a lemon i cant even use, thanks so much hp.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation