cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

dc7100Cmt Windows 8 installation

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I was tying to install windows 8 on dc7100CMT, as I saw some people did succeed doin it. But I got an error message and when checked it, the message was about incompatible processor. As explained on the win 8  MS web site, the error was due to lack of processor's support of NX bit.

The machine's P/N is PC926A, BIOS v2.15. If I am right the processor in this machine has 775 socket and does support NX bit.

The question is is it turned on, and if not is there a way to do so, since there is no option to do it in BIOS?

let me know if I need to supply any other HW info.

Alex

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
47,857 42,104 4,628 12,306
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The manual says that a standard configuration of your desktop has a Pentium 4 CPU. Is that the case with yours?

Best regards,

erico

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes,

it is Pentium 4, with (supposedly) 775 socket.

According to MS and Intel Pentium 4/775 has NX bit and Win 8 can be installed...I would like to hear anybody's experience on this one...

A.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
47,857 42,104 4,628 12,306
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will probably have to find and use a modified BIOS. The most recent official HP BIOS update was in 2008.

There was no support for Windows 7. You might consider contacting the forum member at Microsoft Answers to ask him how he did it. He had problems finding the audio driver.

Best regards,
erico

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation