Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
duster_1 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

deleted d drive

M8247C
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I deleted my d drive. How do i retrieve it?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
20970 20643 2324 7784
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

deleted d drive

@duster_1, welcome to the forum.

If the D: drive was the HP Recovery partition, you will have to do a full system Recovery to reinstall it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K (OC'd to 5.2 GHz); 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Intern
56 56 1 3
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

deleted d drive

Hi Duster_1, To recover your D drive first you need to have another drive with the enough space to restore all your drives files. You cannot recover deleted files at the same location from where they have been deleted. After checking that you have another drive to restore your D drive data you can download deleted partition recovery software of stellar phoenix. I believe it will work for you thanks.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
15836 15780 1466 3514
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

deleted d drive

duster_1

Just so you know ... if you use a partition recovery tool to recover the Recovery partition from your current drive to a different drive, even if you then copy that partition back to your present drive, that will NOT work.  This is because the partition was at a specific address on your original drive, and the likelyhood of putting it BACK at that same address is virtually nil.

As you have already been told, the ONLY way to get that partition back (in a way that it will work) is to do a full factory restore of your PC using Recovery Media.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation