cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pacosanchz
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

disable palmcheck

HP Recommended
P0E03LA#ABM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

how do i disable the palm check on my gaming laptop, ak003-la? it is a Gaming laptop so my guess is that there must be a way to do so. 

Havent found it yet, there is no palm check option in the synaptics properties.

regards

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,870 24,522 2,863 10,565
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pacosanchez, welcome to the forum.

I have an HP Omen Gaming Laptop.  So, it may be somewhat different.  I suggest going into the Control Panel / Mouse / ClickPad Settings to see if there is a setting for the palm check.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pacosanchz, you can try Synaptics control UI - "SmartSense" to adjust palm-check function.

Screenshot (1).png

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
pacosanchz
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have tried this before but it doesnt work for me.  Does it works for you?

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,870 24,522 2,863 10,565
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have to admit that I can't get the option to work for me.  However, my Omen has software that allows me to disable the Touchpad by simply clicking on the option.  I have to do this everytime that a boot the computer, but it still is worth it not to have the pointer move when I type.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
pacosanchz
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
i had to do it via regedit cuz i didnt find any other solution.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation