cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mrspresley Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disabled touchpad and loss of curser

HPnotebook -15-r213na (energy

Help greatly appreciated.  My system installed windows 10 which I did not like so I uninstalled but since this my touchpad has been disabled and curser vanished - I have tried te double tap but does not work.  I have bought a cheap mouse to be able to use but want my touchpad enabled... any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost
Provost
52,748 49,455 9,894 16,620
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disabled touchpad and loss of curser

Hi,

Can you post back with the following.

1.  Is the current operating system Windows 8.1?

2.  Hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

Expand 'Mice and other pointing devices' - what entries are listed here?

3.  Still in Device Manager, are there any entries here showing an error icon - if there is, right click on the problem device and select Properties.  Click the Details tab, choose Hardware Ids from the dropdown box and post back with the details shown under Value.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation