Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

display driver stops responding and has restarted

HP ENVY Desktop 700-406
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just bought this pc a little over a month ago and when i am playing a video game (world of warcraft) the display driver stops responding and my game freezes.  I have to log off the pc and restart everything but it happens again and again.  I need help!  The error message I ghet says the display driver has stopped responding and hass resstarted.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,336 6,290 359 764
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

display driver stops responding and has restarted

Hello @s0lmak0sa,

I have read your post on how the display driver stops responding and has restarted, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter!

To prevent your system from locking up in the future, I recommend updating your drivers by following the steps in this document on Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 😎, as well as Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 😎.

If the issue persists, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps!

Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation