cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

display has a lot of white pixels

HP Recommended

HP ENVY h8-1417c Desktop PC bought at costco in 2012 windows 8.1 64 bit two hp monitors one dvi one hdmi

I have been searching the forums but no luick yet.

First thing I did after trying differnet scaling etc was attempt to download new video card drivers however I kept getting failed messages saying system did not meet minimum requirements. So i was unable to install any video drivers.

If anyone could give me some advice I woud sure appreciate it.  Thanks

both displays looks like it does when the hdmi plug is not secure

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
2,376 2,316 169 524
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

It appears you have a GT 630 OEM graphics card.

Nvidia may not support this card. Graphics drivers would be provided by HP. There are no Nvidia driver updates for this graphics card.

You could try reinstalling the Nvidia factory supplied graphics driver by opening HP's Recovery Manager- Hardware Driver Reinstallation.

One other option to determine if the driver, the graphics card, or the monitor is the problem would be to remove the GT 630 and use available Intel integrated graphics.

Jaco

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks very much for other options.

I am sure of hdmi cable however maybe because they are hi speed cables that is making a difference. Ill check... I sell those cables on ebay so Ill try using a real good one like extron or crestron and double check.

I took it all apart last nite and cleaned all the nasty dust out. so dirty fans looked slower then normal even on graphics card. But it says there is a thermal cut off so i would think it would have just shut down.

I forgot to look on actual board and see if it is indeed the oem 630. it was bought at costco in a pre configured system about 2.5 years ago.

I will try the re install of the driver after I verify model number on actual board

if I take out the graphics board will the system still boot up?

As I am typing this reply the window that I am typing in is pretty clear but other monitor and desktop on the primary are like flickering and basically unreadable.

In some cases rolling the pointer over the area I am viewing makes it clear up.

Thanks very much for the help It is really appreciated.

Rick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

here are specs of this system as provided via hp support assistant

h8-1417c

MXX2390DHB

H3Z18AA#ABA

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

12GB

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630       current res 1680 x 1050

2AD5 1.03

sys bios: 8.09

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation